for the Journey
Along THE WAY
(1) DAILY OFFERING PRAYER
My Lord and my God —
- I come before you and fall down before You.
- I offer my whole life to you.
- I offer to You all that I do and say and think and feel.
- All my hopes and dreams and wishes I offer to You.
- I offer my heart to You.
- I want to love You and serve You with all my strength and energy and talents.
- Mold me, shape me, make me into what You wish me to be in order to serve You and to do Your will.
- Fill me with Your love till my heart overflows.
- Teach me humility, for I know I cannot begin to do Your work or any good thing without humility.
- Teach me to overcome my self, my ego, my self-will, my self-centeredness, my arrogant pride.
- Help me to not want to be "center-stage" and eagerly take credit for the good that you do through me.
- Help me to realize that without You I am nothing.
- Help me to give over my self-will to Your will.
- Help me to will only that which You will.
- Help me to truly commend myself and my whole life to You and to You alone, every hour of every day for the rest of my life, and to give myself over into Your hands, Your care and Your protection. Amen.
- By Sister Ioanna,
- St. Innocent Monastic Community
- Redford, MI